Managed Care Program
Chatham Insurance Services (CIS) is the Program Manager and Underwriter for Travelers for management liability coverages provided to the Managed Care Industry. CIS focuses solely on the Managed Care Insurance Industry and only provides management and professional liability insurance products. As a program manager, CIS does not compete with the insurance producer, but rather functions as their access point and as underwriter for Travelers management and professional liability products for the managed care industry.
In addition to our relationship with Travelers, CIS has a program relationship with Coverys. Coverys can provide Excess Managed Care Error & Omissions, Directors and Officers and Employment Practices Liability on behalf of Coverys Specialty Insurance Company. Coverage with this carrier is only available on an Excess and Surplus lines basis.
CIS provides primary and excess coverage for Managed Care Errors & Omissions, CyberRisk, Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability, Fidelity and Computer Crime, Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement and Kidnap and Ransom coverages. As Program Manager, Travelers and Coverys have provided CIS with authority to underwrite, quote, bind, bill and issue policies in their respective product lines for all Managed Care related entities.
The Managed Care Industry includes the following types of organizations:
- All HMO's, PPO's, POS and Indemnity Plans
- Vision, Dental and Prescription Drug Plans
- Self-funded health plans
- Medicare / Medicaid plans
- Prescription Benefit Managers
- Health Insurance Exchanges
- Credentialing / Peer Review / Utilization Review Organizations
- Third Party Administrators - health claims processing only
- Network Management / Provider Services / Health benefit Purchasing Groups
- Physician Hospital Organizations
- Administrative Services Only Organizations
- Case or Disease Management Companies
- Physician Practice Management Companies
- Medical Groups and Independent Physician Groups that have a network or contract directly with health plans
The Management Liability product information provided on this site is provided for general purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or as a solicitation. Furthermore, the information presented herein for products that are only available on an Excess and Surplus lines form is intended only for surplus lines licensees. Surplus Lines Licensees can access the information downloads and any user accessing such information warrants that they hold a valid surplus lines broker license. All other producers may seek further information concerning these products by contacting Chatham Insurance Services, Inc.
"Nothing stated herein affects the terms, conditions and coverages of any insurance policy or bond issued by any of the referenced insurers, nor does it imply that coverage does or does not exist for any particular claim or type of claim under any such policy or bond. Availability of coverage referenced in this document can depend on underwriting qualifications and state regulations."